Thursday, May 22, 2008

My experiences with BRT

Well.. its been a pretty long time since i last posted something. hopefully, 'll be a bit more regular from now on...


a lot has changed all these years.. from being an UG student to a real-time employee..!! from a hosteleir to a virtual wanderer, from a sedate person who's now striving to be more towards being aggressive..!!


all in all, life's been in the metamorphological phase in the enduring times, and owing to the cut-throat competition in contemporary world, one doesn't find a scope to complain, or does he?


anyways, as it's been a fresh resumption as far as my blogging is concerned, so i would prefer leaving the past behind and starting afresh.


well, I am based in Delhi these days.. and for the past coupla days, its been raining cats and dogs..continually though, but whenever it starts, life becomes all the more sucking for the daily commuters like me. as for instance, the other day, the bus I was travelling by was left stranded in the middle of an asphyxiating jam for close to two hours with lashing rains that were not at all willing to come to hold. and then chilly winds started blowing across as soon as the driver pressed the accelerator. I couldn't understand the speed with which he was driving the bus as if he had to cover a distance of 100 miles in 1 min..!! i'm pretty sure that even he would hav admitted afterwards that it was purely because of cumulative luck of the passengers of the bus that saw everybody reach their destination with all 206 bones intact..!!


Today also, though for a shorter stretch from Khanpur terminal to Pushpa Bhawan, but this 1 mile stretch seemed to bring with it hordes of vagaries that the bus commuters face all over India.. the new low floor buses plying on BRT tracks look pretty world class from outside and for a moment, it seems as if you are travelling in Europe, but once you are able to 'seep' through the doors, all these day-dreams are put to rest and one begins to doubt whether he had a stroke of somnambulism the previous moment..!! as for my experience, once I got inside the bus, unfortunately or rather mistakenly through the front door, I felt as if I was being greeted by whole Indian populace riding one above the other in a volume of 10 cubic metres!! n what's worse is that the conductor of these buses places himself right next to the rear door. The target was clear and the route was identified and I just had to repeat the heroics of Mihir Sen and cross the "Indian" channel if at all I wanted a legal place in the vehicle. somehow I happened to tread along the narrowest lane possible and eventually reached my destination. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE-I ACHIEVED..!! and then something horrendous struck my mind. I actually had to trace my steps back to the initial point wherefrom this mission had incepted.. 'n the condition had worsened even more after another set of artillery (passengers on the next stop) had been loaded by our captain (driver) in his LFB (Low Floor Bus)..!! anyhow, I started my sojourn, drove off a few bullets easily, even saw few of them passing by me from a sniffing distance, hit a few on the way and was finally successful in wading through the battlefield and reaching the safer ground..


And thus came the terminal where I had to get down.. As I boarded off the bus, I felt a sense of relief and the mellifluous trickling of rain drops from the heaven-top just proved as the icing on the cake.. the rain was no longer a bane, the winds were no longer spine-chilling, the petrichor was no longer stinky..!! and that's what mattered at last.. the feeling of having faced it, toiled hard and seen it through till the end..!!


No comments: